Lairdsville, PA, April 24, 2011 - The restoration of the Lairdsville Coverer Bridge began, one of the three surviving covered bridges remaining in Lycoming County.
The 78-foot Lycoming, Lairdsville, or Frazier Bridge was built in 1888 to cross the Little Muncy Creek using the Burr-arch truss.
For the story and photos, go to: http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2011/04/gerry_franks_picks_oregon_cove.html.
[Our thanks to Tom Keating for finding this article - Ed.]
[The link originally published was incorrect. Here is the correct link that was still valid in November 2019: Historical landmark getting new facelift. - Ed]