Jackson, NH, Feb 21, 2011- The Jackson, or Honeymoon covered bridge is closed after engineers determined Sunday there was significant damage following an accident on Saturday afternoon.
A Department of Transportation spokesman announced that the bridge will be closed indefinitely.
The bridge was built around 1876 by dairy farmer Charles A. Broughton and his son, according to the town history. It is of Paddleford truss construction is about 121 feet long.
[Our thanks to Tom Keating for sharing this story - Ed.]