Smyrna, GA, April 2, 2011 - Car hits covered bridge near Mableton-Smyrna border. The bridge at Concord Road is closed to traffic until further notice.
The bridge, also known as the Concord, Ruffs Mill, or Nickajack Creek Bridge. The 132-foot bridge was built in 1872 to cross Nickajack creek in two spans using a Modified queenpost truss.
For the story and photos, go to: http://smyrna.patch.com/articles/car-hits-covered-bridge-near-mableton-smyrna-border.
[Our thanks to Tom Keating for forwarding this item - Ed.]