May 1, 2006 - The Morgan Covered Bridge was closed by the Town of Belvidere last fall on recommendation bythe VAOT. There are severe bottom chord breaks. The town has applied for funds through the district VAOT office to make repairs.
The 63-foot Morgan Bridge was built in 1887 to span the North Branch of the Lamoille River using a queen post truss. The bridge serves Morgan Bridge Road off Vermont Route 109.
The Morgan is the last of the small bridges spanning the North Branch retaining its original floor system. All of the others, Church Street, Montgomery, Jaynes, and Lumber Mill bridges have been modified with self supporting roadways.